Standard documentation should also be considered in due course.
The following is a list of items pertaining to the deceased which you may need to deal with in time: *
- Vehicle registration documents;
- Passport details (the passport should be returned to Upton House, 47-51 High Street, Belfast, BT1 2QS);
- Library books and tickets;
- Driver’s license – this should be sent to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency. If the licence cannot be found, you may need to send a letter to the DVLA giving the licence holder’s name and address;
- Club Membership cards and Season Tickets – a refund may be issued in some circumstances;
- Television Licence – if necessary, you may wish to change the name of the holder or a refund may be issued;
- Wills and probate.
*Again, this is not an exhaustive list so please feel free to speak to one of our funeral directors for more information or for advice.